Chicken and Bacon Risotto
- 2 tblsp Olive Oil
- 30g butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large onion chopped
- 500 gms chicken
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Chopped parsley
- Ground cracked pepper
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large saucepan
- Add garlic, onion, bacon and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and continue to cook until just brown
- Stir in arborio rice and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add wine and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Begin adding stock, 1 cup at a time.
- Add button mushrooms
- Add the rest of the stock one cup at a time until absorbed
- When all stock has been absorbed, remove pan from heat
- Stir in cheese, parsley and pepper.